The Canadian Association of Research Administrators (CARA) is a nationwide community that brings together research administration professionals fulfilling a diverse range of roles in a field that is complex and ever-evolving. CARA is committed to supporting the profession by offering members a safe, inclusive, and equitable professional space to learn and grow through networking with peers, sharing best practices, professional development, mentorship, and leadership opportunities. We are also committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the Research Administration profession; this includes working towards identifying systemic barriers to equitable participation in and with the association.
- participate in a dynamic, professional community of Canadian research administrators from all sectors
- have access to diverse professional development opportunities including webinars, and on-demand webinars and workshops
- are able to join their regional network to share ideas, network and learn about areas of research administration
- have access to a library of articles, templates, checklists, posters, slides and other resources related to your scope of practice
- are eligible to participate in CARA's mentorship program for one-on-one mentorship from an expert in as many areas of research administration as they choose
- are invited to a variety of networking events, including regional and national conferences, and other events
- are eligible for nomination for CARA awards which are presented annually at our conference
- are listed in our directory and have access to the members-only section of our website which includes job postings, news and events
- are invited to realize the full scope of the practice of research administration through volunteer opportunities in leadership, mentoring, writing, teaching, editing, researching, event planning, and other areas
- are able to register in the Research Administration Certificate and the Research Management & Coordination Certificate programs
- benefit from CARA's Insurance services
Please register for one of our free "Members' Orientations" webinars to learn more. See our Webinars list for the next offering.